Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Spring!

Last spring I got a couple of these little $1 guys from Target, a sunflower and a few other little flowers. I ended up having to move away for an internship, so I left the sunflower in the care of my parents. It seemed to be quite successful, until a deer came along and ate it. I never got to see the sunflower at its full size, so I decided to start another one this year. It's been about 6 days and I'm getting 2 or 3 blooms! Once they're 3 inches high, they'll be moved to a bigger pot. Just thought I'd share the progress :) I would love to have a full garden and yard to landscape, but that will just have to wait until I'm more settled.
Speaking of which, I have my first interview for a post-grad grown up job tomorrow! Eek...off to find something to wear!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. oooh! How nice! I love plants.. I love gardens too, but I don't always like working in them.. I want to cultivate a love for gardening and planting because it is really beneficial (foooood!!) and beautiful! I hope you get to see your sunflower in full bloom this time around ^-^
    Thanks for following me, I am following you back now!!


    http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting elizabeth, etc.! Have something to say? Remember that I reserve the right to remove profane or mean-spirited comments at my discretion. Just treat others as you wish to be treated :)

Feel free to leave your link so I can stop by to say hi!