Thursday, April 14, 2011

Butterbeer Cupcakes from amyBITES

This is the post where you find out about my love for all things Harry Potter. When I saw this Butterbeer Cupcake recipe from amyBITES last week, I knew I was going to spend the next possible weekend baking.
Until I can finally visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida, to taste some real butterbeer, I'll just have to eat dessert. These cupcakes are rather sinfully delicious, using lots of butter and cream soda to create this wonderful creamy butterscotch flavor.
The recipe should make about 18 cupcakes but somehow I ended up with 19 full size and about 15 mini size cupcakes...which is no big deal because I was taking them in to my Harry Potter-obsessed studio, I just wish I made a little extra icing.
But overall, they were great! Everyone at school seemed to really like them.. I mean, they're so decadent, they're hard not to like. Hopefully I'll get that real butterbeer soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting elizabeth, etc.! Have something to say? Remember that I reserve the right to remove profane or mean-spirited comments at my discretion. Just treat others as you wish to be treated :)

Feel free to leave your link so I can stop by to say hi!