Monday, May 16, 2011

senior thesis: look #4

This is the fourth look in my collection of 8 for my senior thesis in fashion design at the University of Cincinnati. To find out more about the concept development and inspiration I took for this project, check out my posts here and here. The first post explains a bit about my concept for this collection, which I've named Linguistic Relativity. The second post goes a bit deeper into the concept and shows the charts I made based on research.

So, introducing look four! This look I am really excited to show you guys! I have just about finished it in final fabric. I'm meeting with my model tomorrow to mark the hem and sleeve length. So far all my classmates really like it, and I have to say I quite love it as well. I just wish I made it slightly larger so that I could wear it afterwards :)
I've been calling this look "la militaire." The design was inspired by classic military/masculine details, but embellished in a way that makes it very feminine and soft. I used a wonderful mint green wool combined with a pale rose chiffon. I used plain flat gold buttons to finish the look. I was debating adding the patch pockets as shown on the drawing, but I think it would end up being too busy. I was also thinking about making a simple gray legging to go underneath. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the masculine and feminine aspects you have put into it.. And the colors are lovely!
    I am doing a giveaway on my blog if you want to enter :)

    http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are seriously so talented! i'm in awh right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting elizabeth, etc.! Have something to say? Remember that I reserve the right to remove profane or mean-spirited comments at my discretion. Just treat others as you wish to be treated :)

Feel free to leave your link so I can stop by to say hi!